"There is something incredibly nostalgic and significant about the annual cascade of autumn leaves.” – Joe L. Wheeler
Fall in New England is like a bright patchwork quilt, the cooler temperatures illustrating the landscape in the most glorious shades of red, orange and gold. Locals break out their wool sweaters as the air turns crisp and the summer-blue sky deepens into cobalt (and everything is apple and pumpkin flavored)
As the vibrant leaves flutter to the ground, we started thinking back on this year and all that we have accomplished.
- While continuing on our path to a sustainable future, we have had reductions in fuel consumption, GHG emissions & water consumption.
- We successfully completed our SQF Recertification with a score of 96%
- After improving our scores in Labor & Human Rights, Environment, Ethics and Sustainable Procurement, TRT received a Gold Rating for 2021.
- TRT takes pride in offering facilities and services to help our employees maintain their wellbeing. With the climate of 2021, we decided to take part of a virtual wellbeing fair in September. Employees were able to join daily fitness and mindfulness sessions as well as many webinars covering a wide variety of health and wellness topics.
- On September 20th there was a dog spotted running down the train tracks at our Quincy, MA facility. The dog had gotten loose from a local home and wandered on site. He became scared and ran away from the trains, further into our tank field. During the search an employee located the dog in the Pit by the North East corner by a tank. With the help of another employee, they proceeded to rescue the dog and pull him out of the pit. The dog was reunited with his owner who was waiting at the gatehouse. Thank you to our wonderful team for getting the pup safely back to his home.
- After over a year of either a full or partial remote schedule, our remote team came back to office full time.
- TRT joined ACI's 1.5C Climate challenge
For now, we will stop and smell the pumpkin spice for just a minute before we gear up for winter and another year of accomplishments!