Fatty Acid and Oleochemical Products
Twin Rives Technologies' Quincy, MA plant is RSPO certified to offer sustainable palm oil alternatives to our customers and has the ability to produce over 80 different types of fatty acids including stearic acid, caprylic acid, oleic acid, lauric acid, myristic acid, coconut acid and distilled tallow fatty acid. Fatty acids can be used in many different applications, including food, cosmetics, pharmaceuticals, textile, plastic, soap and detergents.
- Whole Cut Coconut Fatty Acids -- TRT manufactures a comprehensive line of coconut fatty acids, including Kosher and low IV products. Applications for Coconut Fatty Acid include the manufacturing of soaps, as a surfactant, cleansing agent, and emulsifier in household and industrial cleaning products or as a lubricant and grease in industrial fields.
- Fractions of Coconut Fatty Acids -- Twin Rivers Technologies is a leading supplier of fractionated fatty acid products including myristic acid, lauric acid and caprylic acid. Fractioned fatty acids are used as a raw material for the production of surfactants, acid chlorides, flavor and fragrances, lubricants, coating resins and solvents. Myristic Acid has a variety of uses including fragrance ingredient, surfactant, cleansing agent and emulsifier. Lauric acid is found naturally in various plant and animal fats and oils, and is a major component of coconut oil and palm kernel oil. It is used as an intermediate and surface active agent in industry and in the manufacture of personal care products such as soaps and cosmetics. Caprylic acid is used in the production of esters for fragrance and dye applications. Caprylic acid also has antibacterial, antiviral, antifungal and anti-inflammatory properties
- Pure Cut Fractions of Coconut Fatty Acids -- Twin Rivers offers several pure cut fractionated fatty acid products from C6 to C14. Our products include caproic acid, caprylic acid, Lauric acid and Myristic acid. Pure cut fatty acids are also used in the manufacture of industrial cleaners, lubricant, detergents and personal care applications
- Whole Cut Tallow Fatty Acids -- TRT produces and supplies Distilled Tallow fatty Acid products. Tallow fatty acids are animal derivatives and are used in a wide range of applications including oil field consumption, resins, industrial cleaners, personal care, and in rubber and textile industries.
- Oleic Fatty Acids -- Oleic acid is a fatty acid that occurs naturally in various animal and vegetable fats and oils. Oleic Acid is used in the manufacturing of surfactants, soaps, plasticizers and as an emulsifying agent in foods and pharmaceuticals.
- Other Vegetable Fatty Acids -- Vegetable fatty acid is a broad term for derivatives from plant and vegetable sources. Twin Rivers offers varied products with vegetable origins including soybean fatty acid, vegetable stearic fatty acid, palmitic fatty acid and high purity vegetable fatty acid. Vegetable based stearic acid is a fatty acid found in vegetable fats. It is used in a variety of cosmetics and personal care products, in fragrances, and as a surfactant or emulsifier. Palmitic acid is the most common saturated fatty acid and is found naturally in palm oil and palm kernel oil.
- Stearic Fatty Acids -- Twin Rivers Technologies is a producer of stearic acids. Stearic acid is found in various animal and plant fats, and is one of the many useful types of saturated fatty acids that occurs naturally in various plants and animal derivatives. When used in cosmetic products, stearic acid primarily fulfills the role of a thickener or hardener.